Sunday, August 1, 2010

Keep celebrating, Kyle! Thanks for cutting us slack!


This picture is almost a year old; I took it when we were visiting in Indiana last October. It's Kyle, who turned 13 on the 29th when we were up to our ears in Jessie's softball tournament. I had no clue what day it was; my only clue was that we were at a softball tournament. So Kyle's birthday slipped up on us (we sent a card before we left, so I didn't totally forget). He was so kind and just wrote back to tell Jessie 'way to go.' He's been through tournaments, so he knows how consuming they are. Kyle had a birthday sleepover the weekend before his birthday, so he's in full celebration mode, I hope. It's a little scary for his folks to have a teenager, but he's a great kid, so I suspect they are more proud than they are intimidated by having a teenager. We're really proud of Kyle!

Today I wasn't as sore as I expected to be. In fact all the little sticks I'd had from the glass were healed, already. When I went to bed I was so aware of all the places where we'd picked out glass and wondered if there was more I'd find later. This morning all those sticks were fine and I found no more glass. That's a relief. I keep finding glass in things like a couple of books I was reading and my purse. Tomorrow we'll clean out the car. We expect they will total the car, so we need to get everything out of it. I've spent the day looking online and in the paper for another vehicle. I never like shopping for a car, but we need wheels for the traveling we want to do. My two favorite cars are Astro and Venture vans and they don't make either anymore; we'll figure out something.

It gives me the creeps to even look at the car. I keep having flashbacks of the accident. What a blessing that we only have to replace the car. My Military Brat sticker was on the window and the window is gone. I hope I find the sticker in the car, but I suspect it's gone. It could be my head that was blown away in that wreck, so I can only give thanks and praise to our Father who looks after our needs. My Military Brat sticker may be gone, but I'll always be a Military Brat at heart and no accident can take that away from me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh MaryJo! Thank goodness you are ok. I bet that was scarry. Glad you are well and I hope your car hunting will be painless. Take care.
    Love,
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, you're a doll. It was really very scary, but it was another wake up call. My first thought was, "I don't think I ever want to go anywhere in a car, again." That was crazy. The thought I'm sticking with is to go everywhere I can while I can! God makes us able so we can do not so that we can hide our light under a bushel! He didn't save me from breast cancer so I can become a hermit!

    We already replaced the car yesterday. The trick now will be to get all the glass out of the 'stuff' that lives in our car. Ha! Again, I'm so glad to be ABLE to do it and that it can be saved. Thanks for your love. In honor of Wendy we live on robustly, right?

    I love you,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete