Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tomato land.


Tonight's picture is of Frank, Joan, our friend who takes care of our house when we're gone, Kristy, who brought TOMATOES and Dorothy. Kristy's tomatoes have been such a treat today. I ate them for breakfast, lunch and supper! This is tomato land because I have to eat them or they'll go to waste, and I love it! I thank God for generous friends and for making tomatoes; what if we had no friends and no tomatoes? Maybe you don't like tomatoes (Don doesn't.), but we are so blessed with so many choices to eat and abundance of foods we like. There are folks in the world who aren't so blessed, so I'm really grateful to have plenty to eat and especially plenty of tomatoes this week!

Today a girl at church turned 40 and her husband had a surprise party for her in our fellowship room. It was pretty cool. Lots of her relatives came from 2 or 3 hours away and lots of folks from church came, so it was a really fun time. She really was surprised, so it was fun to be able to participate. They had pizza and cake, so it was a treat to me to have pizza, even though I'd already had a tomato sandwich. Don doesn't like pizza, so I don't eat much pizza or I'd eat too much since he won't help. Anyway, it's been a real treat day for me; pizza, plus plenty of tomatoes. Oops, I've got some sewing I'd better go do; been too busy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment