Sunday, August 8, 2010

As down as it gets.


The picture tonight is one Don took as we were leaving tonight for church. Tomorrow my hair will go back up off my shoulder. When I wash it, I like to wear it down for a while; then it starts to bug me and up into some knot it goes. This is as down as it gets; I don't know how women stand to have their hair long and down on their neck and in their face. I never could do that. Whenever I've had my hair long, I always collect it somehow. It looks straight because the weight pulls the curl out, I guess. When I wash it, it's all curly, though. It's pretty much a pain to comb through and dry. I can't bring myself to cut it, however, last week when I had glass all in it, I was tempted to tell Don to just cut it off. I got over that temptation really quick, but if Gretta had been here, I'd have let her cut it! It survived, and I'm getting more and more accustomed to wearing a knot. My grandmother used to braid her hair and then wind it up into a braided knot on her neck. I can imagine doing that, but it's not long enough to do that, yet. This is quite a mop of hair for someone who was absolutely bald 2 and a half years ago! God is so good!

I'm almost done with the herbs and vitamins I'm throwing. It will feel so good to be done with that chore. My next project will be ordering more so they'll be here to throw when we get back from our travels in October. I have to keep reminding myself that it's wonderful to be able to do this. I really do thank God for giving me the dexterity with my hands and the mind to keep it straight. (That's really a challenge!) When I was on chemo, remember I had the peripheral neuropathy and had so little use and control over my hands. I really do thank God that I totally recovered from that! My toes still are a mess, but they don't hurt. They just look bad. I guess I'll take a picture of them for the blog some day.

5 comments:

  1. By the way, all that art behind me on the wall is Mike Buchanan work for those of you who know and love him as we do.

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the one of the bottom left is MY art; ha! I framed a piece of some plant I picked when we went to visit Mike and his mom (several years ago) because I thought it looked good with the bamboo Mike had done and our wallpaper. That fish and the bamboo are Mike's work; I give him credit for the sprig I picked because I got it when we were up there hiking with him.

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right...pictures go with wallpaper. You look so young! Gretta looks just like you too such pretty ladies. When you get a yearn to travel, come to WV...all you need is gas money...you can stay and eat at D&D Bed and Breakfast. You know the girls are planning a reunion for next year...you and Don have to come too! Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just noticed...do you have one white earring and one pink...to match sides of your top or is it the light???? Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, they're both pink earrings; I guess it's the light that makes one look white.

    We're coming to DC this fall. I'll have to get in touch with you about the details of that timing; maybe we can all get together. Thanks for the invite to the D&D B&B! And the reunion sound awesome; wonder if we can really do it!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete