Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jeff explains.


Tonight's picture is Jeff without the hat and sunglasses! We were visiting after dinner after the games last Thursday night. He reminds me of Tom Selleck, but I think he looks better.

Today has been interesting. I've gone through all the processes of scheduling a cruise to Alaska. It's a thing we've been putting off for about 5 years. We were close and even had a confirmation number; in fact we still have it on hold. But, I don't think we're going. We just aren't in a good place to go on a cruise. It's so far to get to the water! We considered driving, but realized it would be cheaper to fly; either way it's a lot of money and a lot of travel. So the day has been sort of a roller coaster ride. I still haven't finished the herbs. I'd better go get that done before I knock over what I've done and spill them everywhere. Perish the thought, as my mom would say!

Right now it looks like we're going to stay home for a while. We thank God for our home and we do love it here. We take these notions to travel from time to time, though. There are places to go and people to see. For now, we're going to be happy to go to Lone Wolf (9 miles) to play canasta tomorrow night. :) We thank God that Dorothy and David are healthy and will be going with us. Woo hoo! Dorothy's birthday is the 11th of this month and mine was yesterday so we'll be celebrating our birthdays, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment