Monday, August 16, 2010

Off to the notary public.


This is a picture Don took this morning as we were headed off to have our signatures notarized for the insurance papers. It was good to be done with all the paperwork involved with filing a claim. Tomorrow someone will come to get the crashed van and I'll be glad to not have to look at it. It gives me the creeps every time I see it. I've got to go get my Overseas Brats tag holder off of it before it goes; I almost forgot it.

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/LifeOnTheTrain.htm

What a delight this sight is. When we lived in Japan, we used to go to the train station and see off our friends as they were coming back to the states. We had 'breathed and bled' with these people for 2-4 years and when they left we never dreamed we'd ever see them again. It was a very emotional time. Of course we promised to write, but many of us lost each other. Thanks to the Internet and lots of really hard work by some people like Rick Winegarden, who was buried today, many of us have been found. We have reunions every two years for anyone who ever went to Itazuke to school. An Itazuke friend sent this to me today and it reminded me of those emotional send-offs; besides that it is a very special piece about how much people mean in our lives. I hope you enjoy it. I thank God for all the folks on the 'train journey' of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment