Friday, August 27, 2010

Hand and Foot Canasta, again!


Tonight's picture is one Kristy (Jo Ann and Frank's daughter) took tonight. Kristy came for the weekend with her mom and dad and we went out there to play cards with them. Joan and Dorothy and David went with us. The men beat us 2 out of 3 games; ugh. Kristy played with the men. You can tell we were having fun, anyway. This is Jo Ann with Don and I.

Tonight is the night that mars is supposed to be very close to the moon. I hate the idea of being up until midnight to see it, but we'd sure like to see it. I'd better go look and see if it's cloudy; if it's not cloudy, surely we can stay up to see it. Wonder if I could get a picture of that?

Today was cool. We left home just before 3 and went and picked up Joan and David and Dorothy. Then we all went to Altus to have dinner at the Western Sizzlin Restaurant. They have a special for seniors from 2 - 5, so we got the bargain. Joan never eats after 3 p.m. so she only had a glass of tea and visited with us. It was fun. Then we came back by Jo Ann and Frank's to play cards. It made a fun day.

Kristy and her husband have an awesome garden and she brought us about 10 pounds of tomatoes! Woo hoo! I LOVE home grown tomatoes, so I'll be eating only tomatoes for the next few days. Yum! I thought I'd had my last home grown tomato for this year, so this is such a delight! God is so good to give us great friends, even bearing fresh tomatoes!

2 comments:

  1. Just saw the video...great! Looks like the parades we have in WV. When are you going to be in DC? Do you think we might be able to "hook up" for at least lunch or dinner?

    Take Care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope so, Donna! I'll send an email with our schedule.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete