Thursday, August 19, 2010

RIP, Jim.

Jim was my big brother and he would have been 70 today; he passed away a year ago in June. This is one of my favorite pictures that comes up a time or two every day on my screen saver setting. This is Jim with our sister, Ruthie, when she went to visit him one of many times. I thank God that she was close enough to visit from time to time and I thank God for a wonderful family for great years of growing up from Nashville to Japan and Tucson. I feel like I was a blessed little kid.

It's interesting how life evolves. I went from a blessed little kid to a blessed little old lady. I had my ups and downs, but God was good to me the whole way. I thank my Mom for making sure I knew God and realized that all I ever have had has come from Him.

I didn't get the house cleaning done today. I got started by changing our sheets, but I remembered I needed to report my sales tax for last month by tomorrow. The printer didn't want to work, so I spent most the day at war with the printer. I finally thought to restart the computer and it worked! Such simple things become mountains for me to climb. I got it done, though! They came and took away the crashed car today, so I don't have to look at it, anymore. We 'live' in the 'new' Venture, now, and we're pleased. How blessed we are to be alive and well! My ankle is doing VERY well, too. It's the mildest sprain I've ever had, so I give thanks, again! It's not even swelling anymore; just aches, some.

No comments:

Post a Comment