Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Susan


The picture tonight is David and I at the card game last night. I'd like it if Don would tell me my bra is showing, but he doesn't notice and I don't know. It looked fine when I left the house; I don't get how that works. Ugh.
So, here it is; just like we were. David only wears one suspender because the other suspender hurts him where the pacemaker is. He has to wear a suspender to hold his pants up because if he wears them tight enough to go without suspenders it hinders his breathing. I love it! I'm sure we make such a pair for the kids at church to wonder; him with his oxygen and one suspender and me with my knee bands. Ha; even grown ups wonder at my knee bands! David and I are just glad to be alive and if we can entertain some folks along the way, then that's a good thing.

Now, about the games. The men beat us all night. It was supposed to be mine and Dorothy's birthday celebration, but they had no mercy on us. We had fun, anyway; Dorothy and I are easily entertained! We thank God for precious friends who can enjoy simple games with us.

Our daughter-in-law, Susan is celebrating her birthday today. She's another blessing and we give thanks for her in our lives. She and Davy have joined us in Hawaii a couple of times, so we have memories to treasure from those times. Their son Bruce has played tons of baseball games which entertained us and their daughter Erica is our oldest granddaughter. We're so thankful for Susan and all the joy she has brought to our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Jo, love this pic. It is great of both you and David! Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda. It's really so us! I know I can count on you to overlook the flaws!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete