Wednesday, May 30, 2012

8 rugged miles is too much.

We got this picture about 2 miles into our 8 mile hike.  Both of us think 8 miles is more than we ever want to do, again! It was tough!  We made it, though.  Just about everything I have hurts.  I came right in and got onto the power plate and the Nubax in hopes of putting me back into shape.  Then I got into the tub to wash off all the sweat and dirt.

After our hike we went to Meers for supper.  For the 2nd time in the 16 years I've been here, there was no line waiting to get into Meers!  We loved supper and managed to make it on home.  I've brushed my teeth and I'm ready to fall into bed!  I thank God for the ability to make that hike even if I was dragging!  I thank Him for sending me a hiking buddy, too.  I think we'll take the rest of the week off and go back next week to do some gentle hiking around the heart rock and then go over to Medicine Park to eat.  We'll see how the week develops.

If I invite you here for a hike, I promise not to take you on this one.  We'll do a much simpler one if you're up for a hike.  If you want to do this one, I'll take you, but you may have to carry me out to the car.  Maybe I don't know anyone dumb enough to want to do this hike.  :)  I recalled today that the last time I did this hike I was 15 years younger; at 63, that's a big deal!

4 comments:

  1. Did you know I was with you today??!! I sure was, but of course it was in spirit only. I thought of you two all day as you trudged along on your hike! The mind is so willing for me to do the hike, but the body isn't!! So glad you could both do the hike and celebrate later at Meers! Can I go to Meers if I don't do the hike? Actually I've been there with you so sure I don't have to hike! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was going to do anything the two of you did today I believe I would pick the meal at Meers. They have good food. Proud you are enjoying time with your grandson, making memories for both of you. HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie, yes, come back and we'll go to Meers, minus the hike! That hike was a real doozie for us! It was fun, but we were sure proud to be done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HB, the meal at Meers would be the thing to do. The hike was great, but a pretty crazy thing to do. Even Garrett thought it was tough. Old people like me need to stick with Meers! (I was going to say old ladies, but retracted that since I was out clamoring around the mountains yesterday; not very lady like.

    ReplyDelete