Saturday, May 12, 2012

Some more favorite birds.

Here is the female and male cardinal with the indigo bunting.  The bluebird was really Don's all time favorite bird, but this indigo bunting was one that ran a close second.  We'd see them a lot when we lived here, as well as the bluebirds.  He loved them both.  I can't get the bluebirds to be still long enough to get a picture, yet, but I'm working on it.  There is a family in a bluebird house out back, but they hurry and get into it and out of it and I don't get a very good chance to get a picture.  I'll keep watching and hope I can get one before I leave.  Watching the birds was our favorite pass time when we lived here.  There were 29 species that we watched and it was a big sacrifice when we left here, to give up the birds.  Things change and we loved living in Oklahoma, but we missed the birds.  It's been a joy to get to watch them this week.  I thank God for the treasured memories and for the opportunity to relive some of those memories.

It's awesome to spend time with Ruthie and Phil.  Phil has been in my life since I was 12 years old, so he's really part of my family.  Ruthie is 5 years older than me, so she taught me a lot of what I know.  As her grandson says, she is the matriarch of our family, now.  It's been fun to look at pictures from way back when with her.  I'll probably post one of those old pictures soon.  This trip is a blessing.  I thank Steve and Mary for making it possible for me and I sure thank God for it!

Today Ruthie's son and his wife, daughter, and grandson came over to visit.   This visit is an awesome blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment