Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sweat hog or drowned rat?

I don't know; no doubt it's the sweat hog, because it's still alive, and although it's sprayed with water it's also sweaty!  But, the house and the vans are both power washed!  It's DONE!  Don power washed the house two years ago when we bought that washer, but neither of us felt like doing it last year. I'm surprised I could figure out how to do it, and for a while I was thinking I'd have to hire somebody to do it because I couldn't make the connections work.  I kept fooling with it until it worked, so then I didn't dare stop until I was done.  Whew!  Nobody but me would post a picture that looks like this, but I'm really proud that I did it!  I thank God for helping me through it.  I thank Him for helping me to clean up, too.  I've cooled down enough that I think it won't be counter productive to take a bath, now!  Then I'm going to reward myself with a night of reading.

When my friend, Dale, was here, he suggested I read the book:  "Same Kind of Different as Me."  It's really a good one, and I recommend it, too!  Thanks Dale!

4 comments:

  1. I love that pic MJ..and you are adorable (not any worse than the pic of me I posted dressed up like Frida Kahlo.
    The book took place here in Ft. Worth as you well know. The man the book was about died about 3 weeks ago. Was a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I wish you were closer so I could borrow the power washer...want to do my deck and storage cabinet...those washers are awesome!

    Love ya, Donna

    p.s. I vote for Super Woman of Year photo op!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, !it was a great book. I did NOT know that Denver Moore died until you told me. I looked it up on the Internet and found lots of other good information about him and the book.

    You are so sweet to see the real me and still love me; you're a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, if I were closer I'd do it for you! No need in both of us getting soaked! It is really an awesome thing; I did with it what I never could have done without it. It was a big project, but I got it done with the right tool. Ha, I guess I'd really get your vote if I washed your deck for you! :) my next project is to seal my deck. Ugh; not looking forward to that. I've done it before; guess that's why I'm not looking forward to it. Garrett is coming next week; maybe he'll help me? :)

    Praying for strength and recovery at your house!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete