Friday, May 18, 2012

Lucky, again!



I was getting ready to leave Tricia's house the other day and she said, "Sadie will be here in about 10 minutes." So I gladly waited for a hug and a smile that big.  I don't remember every coming home from school with a smile that big; I can only imagine what a blessing she is to her teachers and classmates!   Look how much taller she is than me,  (The story of my life.)

They didn't call me to teach today, either, so it looks like I'm retired for this year.  I ran some errands and did some little things around here.  It's funny how I can piddle away the time!  I did lay in the sun on the deck.  I even got the kiddie pool out, so it wasn't so hot.  I didn't ever see the temperature today, but it was 95 yesterday, so I didn't want any part of that without the pool!  I imagine it was every bit that hot, but it wasn't bad with the pool and the wind.  God knows we need that wind with the heat we get here; I thank Him for it!

I'm enjoying winding down some.  I've caught up on the TV I missed while I was gone (both shows) and the mail, and I'm getting ready to read some on my current book.  I'm grateful for the time to relax.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture, love both big smiles!! Don't you just love grandchildren! Next to reading, piddling is my favorite thing! xoxo, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I really enjoyed my day of piddling and reading. I think the piddling must have to be done;it's kind of tying up loose ends here and there, but not big enough to name. The reading is so good for me, and I sure do love the boost the grandchildren give me; how did we ever get along before them? Thanks for getting onto the same page with me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete