Friday, May 11, 2012

He came to visit!

The rufous sided towhee is my favorite bird.  I learned about him when he used to come and visit us all the time when Don and I lived here.  He always reminded me of Don; he was big and handsome and a hard worker.  I was thrilled today, when he came to visit while we sat out on the back porch at Ruthie and Phil's house.   I like to think that somehow Don sent him today.

We met Ruthie and Phil a little after noon today.  Then Steve and Mary went on to their son's home and we came back to Ruthie and Phil's house.  I loved the afternoon on their back porch watching lots and lots of great birds.  This towhee was my very favorite!  Tonight we went to their little grandson's t-ball game and it was so much fun!  We got to see his two older brothers and his mommy, too, so it was a real treat.

I thank God for safe travels and wonderful family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment