Monday, May 7, 2012

A cooler day in Hobart!

I got a day off today, so I got lots of work done in the yard!  I FINISHED cutting the tops off all the irises!  It was a great day for working in the yard.  It was in the high 60's when I was out there working.  The wind was blowing like I was in the mountains, so I was almost cold out there.  The best thing is that I got the irises all cleared out and pulled a bunch of weeds that were hiding in them, too.

I'm all packed to go to Tennessee on Thursday!  My good friends, Steve and Mary (who took me to Houston, picked me up in Bartlesville, etc., etc., etc.) are going to Tennessee to see there son and I'm riding with them.  They'll drop me off to visit with Ruthie and Phil for a week, so I'm so excited to be able to make this trip!  I teach Wednesday, so I'm going to school all packed and I'll leave from school to go straight to OKC.  I'll spend the night with Mary and Steve and we'll leave early Thursday morning.  I really can hardly wait!

I need the boost this trip will give me.  I thank God for great friends like Steve and Mary, who will let me be their side kick for a few days.  On the way there and back we will take some side trips to do some birding.  I love birding with them, so this is really going to be a treat.  I'm so grateful for Joan and Hazel, who will look after the house while I'm gone, too.  Lucky me!

Oh, tonight's picture is one I took Sunday before church.  I posted one last night of Dorothy and I after church, but this was before Sunday's wind got me.


2 comments:

  1. Hi honey!! If you and Ruthie and Phil have time while you are in Tennessee, my door is always open!! Hint hint!! Love you! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda! That's an awesome idea. Ruthie saw this first and said, "Let's think about it!" If everyone's health is holding, it sure would be fun to do! She says Saturday or Monday might be good; I'm thinking if we can do it Saturday we should because by Monday we might be frazzled! So keep Saturday in mind as a maybe; I'll let you know if we're coming and make sure it's still good on your end. Oh, how I'd love that! Love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete