Saturday, June 2, 2012

Check out this guy!

Garrett got this great picture of this little guy.  I think he's so gorgeous.  He must be about my age because he's got lots of wrinkles, too.  I thank God that the wrinkles don't hurt!  I thank Him that we could make that hike and recover, too!  On my computer I can right click on the picture and a little menu comes up; if I click on open link in new window, then the picture will come up in a separate window and when I click on the picture it gets huge.  If you do that you'll see really well the color in the lichen on the rocks.  No wonder these guys slip around on the rocks and hide so well; of course they are really fast, too!  I'm amazed that Garrett not only spotted him, but he was the one that got up close enough to get several good shots.  I'm thrilled to have this picture.  We saw two other lizards, but they weren't this variety.  This was the prized 'catch' of the day.

Today we went out and spent some time visiting with Dorothy.  I trimmed her hair, so she'll be good until I get back from Tennessee.  Tomorrow she's buying our lunch at the Subway after church and we'll go out there and eat it with her.  She wouldn't have it any other way.  She said, "If you don't let me buy lunch then you'll just have to bring me home and I'll eat by myself."  She reminds me of my Aunt Maie, who used to say, "There's nothing any better than helping a little old lady across the street, unless the little old lady doesn't want to go!"  Dorothy is precious, but I sure don't want to make her mad.  If she wants to buy lunch, I'm going to let her!  Garrett thinks it's great, too.  He's a pretty cool kid to hang out with a couple of little old ladies so peacefully!  I must remember to get pics of all of us tomorrow!  We get to having such a good time that I forget.

How about that Thunder!  I'm so pleased they have come back and won the last two games!  Now, I just hope they'll win it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment