Monday, June 11, 2012

Fantastic family.

This is a picture I took of Ruthie (my sister) and her husband, Phil, at the reunion on Saturday.  They are such a  great couple and I'm so blessed that they love me.  I'm going to spend a few nights with them next week and I'm so looking forward to it.  Maybe they'll let me win one game of hearts, again.  :)

Today has been a fun day.  Gretta took Garrett into Gatlinburg just doing the touristy thing; walking around town.  Elena and I stayed here and went to the pool for a couple of hours; it was cloudy and I nearly froze!  She loved every minute of it and she's swimming better and better.  Just yesterday she learned to swim without her floaties.  Today she never wore them at all.  I'm sure hoping to get some sunshine later this week!  The best part of this trip is being with family, so the weather really doesn't matter.

Garrett is wanting to learn how to cook, so every night he and Gretta are making dinner.  It's almost like being on a cruise.  I just show up for dinner!  Very nice.

It's really beautiful up here in these mountains.  Even being cloudy, it's still gorgeous.  The trees are lush and we're just nestled in the mountains here.  It's very peaceful and the patio is a wonderful, quiet place to go.  Ahhhhh; lucky me.  I thank God for the opportunity to share this with family.  We haven't seen bears, yet, but we have seen wild turkeys and a bunny.  Most important we are seeing each other!

2 comments:

  1. A bear got on Tom's son's deck!!! A young bear! I said, "don't go out cause there is a mother bear somewhere near!!" I hope it is not a grizzly! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that must be you. On their deck is really a little too close for comfort! I'm with you: YIKES!

    ReplyDelete