Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Great hiking day!

Who knew we had mountains like this in Oklahoma?  I love them!  It was cloudy and nice today; perfect for hiking.  There wasn't even much wind.  It was just perfect.  We spent most of our time climbing around the heart rock.  This shot I got using the timer on the camera.  It doesn't give me much time to get back to get in the picture; the first picture is always of my back as I head back to Garrett.  We walked just under 2 miles and climbed 13 floors in height.  Then we ate lunch at the Riverside Cafe in Medicine Park.  The food was delicious.  After we ate, we went down to the creek (river) and fed the carp and turtles.  It was a really fun day and we aren't so worn out as we were this time last week.  I thank God for a safe day of climbing around His awesome handiwork!

Time is really getting short before we leave Friday morning, so tomorrow we've got to get serious about loading the car.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment