Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What a wonderful visit Suzanne and I had with our oldest cousin today!  This is Alice between Suzanne and I.  We got there just after her shower, so her hair was wet and down.  I'm sure she would rather have had it gathered up, but she didn't balk at having her picture made.  She has come to the point in life that she knows to count the joys and not complain about anything.  Alice is the oldest of all our cousins and I am the youngest.  Suzanne is the next to the youngest, being a year older than me.  Alice will be 86 this year.  She is not in great health, so she has been unable to make our reunion the last two years.  We were so thrilled to get to visit with her for a bit this morning.

This afternoon Suzanne has been beating me at cribbage!  We're going to eat supper and then get ready to watch the Thunder/Heat game tonight.  Then we're going to bed at a reasonable time; not the 1 a.m. that we've made a bad habit of the last two nights!

I sure thank God for these wonderful visits.  How blessed I am to have these wonderful people in my life and the opportunity to come and safely visit them.

2 comments:

  1. Saw on the news this a.m. that your team lost a heartbreaker. Better luck on the next game! So glad you are having a fun time visiting family and friends. You look just great.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. Yes, the Thunder is sure having a hard time with this final series. I know they have the ability, and it will take breaking a record to win this series, but if anyone can do it, they can. I'll support them as far as they can go. Watch out for a big Thunder STORM on Thursday night! It'll take that, evidently. The Heat is really awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete