Monday, June 4, 2012

Day to day, with thanks.

This was Sunday morning.  Each day is a new day and a gift from God.  I am so blessed to have Garrett here.  What a fun couple of weeks for us.  I know I will treasure it and remember it with joy as long as I have memory.

Today I've done some work toward getting the car ready to make the trip this week.  If I do a little bit here and there, then it won't be such a big job the day before we go.  I also did some planning for other trips in the future.

I also had to do some repairs on the net on my basketball goal.  Garrett was a big help.  He brought the ladder out for me and held it while I climbed up there.  Then he put the ladder away for me.  Dragging that ladder around is much easier for him than it is for me, so he was a big help!  I thank God for this time with him and his great help.

I don't usually watch America's Got Talent, but Garrett watches it, so we're watching it.  Some guy just touched me; will I ever get past these tears?  A song like "If Tomorrow Never Comes" will do it every time; throw in a precious Veteran and it's just time for the tissues!

2 comments:

  1. Another song says "Tears are a language that God Understands" ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HB, thanks for the reminder! I don't know the song, but I sure know the prayer and sure thank Him for understanding and interpreting the tears!

    ReplyDelete