Friday, June 8, 2012

Some things are so hard, but all is good.

This is a picture Garrett took when we climbed all around this heart rock Wednesday.  This rock is one of my all time favorite things and places.  That red thing under my left arm is the tag on my car keys.  I wear them like a bracelet to keep from losing them.

Today Garrett and I have driven all day on our way to the reunion tomorrow.  We made it in time to post.  I'm addicted to this blog; I have to talk to you guys; I hope it means something to you, but it's sure therapy for me.

So many things in my life are tough because I always did them with Don.  Now, I'm learning to do them by myself.  Garrett has been such a gift!  He's helping me to build new memories so that it helps me to get the past in the past and get it all sorted.  He's so good to be compassionate and helpful.  God is great and so is Garrett! Driving through Little Rock was a first for me, today.  Now, I've done it.  I've always been a passenger before today.  Driving to Gatlinburg will be another first.  Garrett and God see me through these things.

Today I was listening to a talk radio show and some guy reminded me to read Jeremiah 29:11, which says "I have a plan for you."  The translation in the motel reads a little differently, but it's good for me, too.  It was another blessing in a hard day.  Part of what was hard was driving 11 1/2 hours.  I think I'll get some driving gloves; it looks like I'm going to have blisters on my hands!  Checking out these pictures of me climbing all over the mountains; now blisters on my hand?  It's just hard for me to be very lady like!  But, God has a plan for me!  Maybe I'll grow up and be a tomboy!

2 comments:

  1. It is hard doing the things we did before as a couple. I can't imagine how hard it is for you, Ed and I had a great relationship and were together 40 yrs but I went a lot of places without him.

    If you ever need a driver I'm your gal!!!! I've driven lots of miles by myself!

    I'm glad you enjoy doing the blog...I enjoy reading it. It makes me feel like I'm more in touch with you and there is nothing wrong with being a tomboy....i've been one all my life. Lol

    Luv u
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sissy, you are a hoot! You won't leave those precious girls long enough to drive me anywhere! I love the thought, though! I know you understand these tough times and I appreciate you for being my leader. You are certainly my gal in lots of ways and I thank God for you! I'm glad you enjoy reading the blog. It's sure therapy for me and it makes me feel supported just because I know folks are reading it. When you respond I REALLY know, but I never feel really alone because of it. (Funny how the mind is, isn't it? I AM really alone, but I feel like I'm not . . . how weird is that?) I'm just so blessed to have you in my life. I look forward to the day that we can share more time!

    Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete