Monday, June 18, 2012

Stayed up until 1 a.m.

Suzanne and I used to be a couple of kids, but we got over it.  We stayed up all night last night just like we were still in college studying for a test.  We weren't studying anything, just visiting!  Actually we went to be around 1, but at this age it feels like all night!

We're at the church, now.  She's working (she's the secretary) and I'm catching up on my cyber life.  Tonight we're going to meet Fran Wolf and Charlie Akers for dinner at the Olive Garden; they are friends from school in Japan, so my visiting blessings continue!

I am so thankful for great friends and family!  Suzanne and I grew up being best friends.  We must have done 50 vacation Bible schools in our days, so setting up to work here in the church seems perfect!  It's cold in here, though, so I'm going to go out in the parking lot and walk a few laps to warm up my old bones.

4 comments:

  1. How fun....tell Charlie and Fran I said Hi.....
    Love you
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a good time, Terri! It was sure fun to get to share a meal and several hours with them! Lucky me!

      Delete
  2. What a blessing to be able to be with so many past acquaintances. You are good about being in touch. We're going to my 50th class reunion this weekend in OKC and get to see Brent and Celia's families for Brent's 60th B'day. All of that makes me older than I feel. Love u, Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, drat, I hate that I'm not in the state so I could meet you for Brent's birthday celebration. How could he be that old? You two have a safe trip and enjoy all the visits. I'm having good visits; it's all so difficult without Don, but somehow it happens. God's plan is a mystery to me, but I trust Him. Love you!

      Delete