Friday, June 15, 2012

Visiting!


Today has been tricky.  Lots of traffic coming out of Sevierville, and again coming out of Chattanooga!  My gas mileage will probably be horrible, but gasoline prices are down, so I'll give thanks for that.  The traffic made me glad I live in a little tiny town and don't have to fool with traffic.

I made it to visit with a teacher friend from years in Japan; we had a wonderful visit and lunch at her sweet aunt's home.  Then I made it to Linda's home and she served me my favorite: quiche for supper! (This is the Linda who comments lots on this blog; my friend since high school.)  We've had a good time visiting, as you see in the picture.  Lucky me!  Linda's mom is recuperating from a recent fall, but she is precious as ever!  Linda's dog Prissy has accepted me for the time being.  She may scare me to death if I get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom; we'll see.  I'll bet I survive; she's all bark, I think.

I sure thank God for safe travels today.  This was a bunch of firsts for me.  I have never been this route without Don and we lived for years in Chattanooga, so it was kind of emotional.  I guess that's just how this goes.  God got me through it and I give thanks.  It's been a good day and safe; what more could I ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment