Friday, June 29, 2012

Made it to one more destination!

I'm really proud of myself for making it to this destination!  I have never made this trip coming from my sister's house to here.  Even Don and I always came here from other directions.  So, this was totally new to me and I found myself asking me what ever made me think I could do this!  Thankfully, Gina called me in the middle of my trip and gave me some last minute instructions for getting through the traffic issues in Louisville. I had to pull off about 4 times and review the map (maybe more than 4), but I made it.  I have a GPS, but the cigarette lighter in my car doesn't work, or else I don't know how to work it.  Don said I read maps like a monkey doing an algebra problem (He got that from Jeff Foxworthy's description of how his wife read maps.), but I GOT here reminding myself all the way that I promised Don I could do this.  Several times I thought I probably spoke too soon when I made that promise!

It's wonderful to be here, and I find myself thanking God for a safe trip and for finding Gina and the family in great shape!  Their oldest son, Kyle is on a mission trip to Haiti, so I'm missing him, but hearing all about him!  In tonight's picture is their youngest, Ethan and Gina when we went to watch a fireworks display tonight.  Ethan is 9. (For some reason the spell checker isn't working on the blogger, so please pardon any mistakes I'm not catching.)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jo!!! You did it! Listen, we should travel together!!> I have a lousy sense of direction, but can really read a map!! Have fun at Gina's! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Linda, we would be great traveling together; we proved that in Hawaii! :)

      Delete