Saturday, June 16, 2012

So many good visits!

Yesterday I got to stop on the way here to visit with this lady in purple and her aunt.  This is a lady who taught at the school I attended in Japan, but after I had already come home.  So, she taught some of the kids I knew, but not me.  I did meet her about 15 years ago when I visited her at her home which was about 30 miles from our daughter.  Our daughter has since moved to Indiana, so I never had the chance to visit her, again until yesterday.  The lady in the striped shirt is her aunt, whose husband just passed away about 3 weeks ago.  Cathy and I have been good email friends for the last 15 years.  She's been a dear friend and I was so grateful to get to visit with her and meet her aunt yesterday.

Today I visited with a couple of ladies who were close, close friends of my mom's.  One is 80 and the other is 100!  I had my camera but forgot the memory card when I visited one, but I remembered the card and the camera and got a good picture of the lady who is 100!  I'll post it tomorrow.

Tonight we went to a cook out where Linda goes to church and I found that the preacher and the guy who provided the meat for the cookout were little kids at the church where I worshiped when I was in high school.  That was so cool to meet those guys as grown men.  I really feel blessed with all the visits I've had the last couple of days.  I thank God for the opportunities and safety of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment