Friday, June 1, 2012

Crazy? Probably.

This is a picture I got of Garret early into the 8 mile hike.  Notice that he's up on a rock.  I didn't realize how much we went UP until my pedometer, which measures stairs by elevation said we went up 84 floors, which is 9 floor higher than the golden gate bridge.  Going up is easier for me than the going down.  I just thank God that we were able to do it, safely.  I also thank Him that we didn't see any rattle snakes!

Actually, we're doing pretty well after doing the 8 miles.  Neither of us is very eager to do any walking, though. I managed to do my 2 miles every day, but my hip and leg and back are still mad about the big hike!  I  think that it's only a bite on my ankle rather than poison ivy.  If it were poison ivy it would be driving me crazy.  It's not spreading and I'm no closer to crazy than I was.  What a relief that it's not poison ivy, AND that I'm not any crazier than I was!  (I know, you think I'm crazy for going on an 8 mile hike; probably you're right!)

I've been doing laundry today.  Laundry is a bigger deal when there is a 15 year old in the house.   I'm willing to do the laundry, though.  It's sure a blessing to have Garrett be here for a couple of weeks.  The emptiness will hit hard when I come home to only 4 walls, again.  I'll cross that bridge when I get to it and thank God that the walls are standing and belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment