Sunday, June 24, 2012

Daddy would say, "Tilt."

She's okay, but Ruthie fell coming into the house from church tonight.  We've got ice on her arm and hand, both of which were hurting and her arm was swelling.Tomorrow more sore spots will show, I imagine, but for now, she's resting.  I thank God that she didn't break anything.  She skinned both knees, but she falls amazingly gracefully!

I got some good sunshine in the pool today.  I love it.  It was a very restful day.  We had a fellowship dinner after church tonight, so it's been a good day except for the fall.  It was 100 degrees when we left for church; that's pretty hot for here.  It's 7 degrees hotter in Hobart right now than it is here, so it was probably really baking earlier today.

12 comments:

  1. Jo, you just get prettier in every picture. The traveling is doing you so much good. Wish you could make it to WV but one of these days!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! Yes, this traveling is good for me. I dread weighing when I go home, though! I'm enjoying eating for a change. It's nice to have company when I eat. The visiting is awesome, too. I'm blessed! WVA, here I come . . . someday! Love you!

      Delete
  2. OH SORRY ABOUT RUTHIE'S FALL --
    hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, she's amazing and doing very well in spite of the fall. I stand amazed!

      Delete
  3. My Auntie would always say "Tilt" !!! always loved that expression because of her -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmm . . . I wonder whose Auntie said, "Tilt." It's a fun saying for me because my Daddy said it and I always got a kick out of it. Usually, it was something not so good, but not so bad. When it was really bad he'd say, "What a revolting development." :) Precious memories.

      Delete
  4. Ruthie hope you're feeling ok all things considered.

    Luv y'all

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sissy, she's doing pretty well but 'stove up' today. We're watching her as closely as possible, but she's hard to hold down!

      Delete
  5. Awww, poor Ruthie! So sorry about her fall and hope you have already discovered the hurt places. Praise God nothing is broken. Heal soon Ruthie!! Love you all, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, she does amazingly well. She was really 'stove up' when she got up this morning and we talked about going for x-rays. After she got her make up on and her hair combed she felt enough better to refuse to go for the x-rays. We'll watch her closely and hope she continues to do better and better. She's amazing.

      Delete
  6. MJ...it was my Auntie that always said "tilt"
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Nancy, for clearing that up in my mind. When someone posts anonymously and doesn't sign their name I always wonder who it was! Love you!

    ReplyDelete