Monday, July 30, 2012

Angel at work.

This guy is so cool!  I went out to get my mail Saturday and he was across the street working.  He hollered, "Hello, Jo!"  I waved back and remembered that I'd noticed this dead tree in the back yard, so I went over to tell him I needed him to remove it for me.  I told him he could wait until it's cooler in the fall if he wanted, but he said, no, he'd better do it now while he has time, so he came right over as soon as he finished across the street!  I feel so blessed to have found him to take care of the jobs that are way too big for me!

Today I worked with Joan and she really had most everything done for the yard sale.  I thought we'd be working on it all week, but we're done except for a little bit tomorrow.  We've scheduled a girls' day of cards for Wednesday!   Joan, Dorothy and my neighbor across the street, Haze,l will play Hand and Foot Canasta and then go to lunch at the Mexican restaurant.  After lunch we'll go back for another game or two. Then I'll stay at Dorothy's house until church and we'll do midweek Bible study together.  I'm looking forward to a sweet Wednesday.

I'll get some work done around here tomorrow and Thursday.  Then the big sale is Friday and Saturday.  I got some sun today.  It was 111 here, though, so I didn't stay out too long and I iced down the water in the pool while I was out there!  I'm thanking God for power to keep us in AC during this heat wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment