Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dead tree had to go.

This dead tree was a Norway maple and I would never have taken it out if it hadn't died.  It's much better with it gone, though.  You can see that it was way crowded in that space and it kept the grass from growing out there.  maybe the grass will grow, now.  See my basil plants in the planter on the far right?  Love that basil!

Today was a busy Sunday.  It's Lee's last day here and he's helping me get tables up from the basement and loaded to take to a garage sale we're having on Friday and Saturday for Joan's brother.  I'll be working all this week with Joan getting things ready for that sale.  She's selling all his belongings and his house as he will be unable to leave the nursing home, so he needs all the cash he can get for his care.  He fell a couple of months ago and broke his back; then a couple of weeks ago he fell and broke his pelvis.  Now, they've diagnosed him with pulmonary fibrosis, so there is no hope for him to ever go back to his house.  He is 87.  It's tough getting through these kinds of changes.  Joan has been a real trooper, but this has been really tough on her.  I thank God for her in my life as well as in her brother's.  We are blessed to be put on this earth in families.  Have you ever thought how different it would be if we didn't have families?

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine life without a family. There are people who don't have their families anymore and I feel for them.

    Luv ya
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissy, some of us are blessed to find bonus family! I know we are super blessed! Love you!

    ReplyDelete