Thursday, July 12, 2012

Back to my comfort zone: packing!

I've been packing all day and I'm about ready to leave in the morning for a week in Branson.  This was a week I forgot to bank.   I have to use it or lose it, so off I go!  The good thing is that a friend is going with me, so I don't have to worry about driving after dark and I won't be there all by myself.  I don't think I've ever done just one week in Branson, so I really don't know how to even pack.  If I pack wrong, I'll only have to get by a week with whatever is wrong!  It will be nice to share the week.


This is a picture I took last Saturday with the flowers that Joan saved for me.  I finally had to throw them out today.  There will be more when I get home next week, I'll bet.  She brought me squash and tomatoes that I'm taking to Branson.  She's such a dear!  My uncle used to call me Miss Tomato because I ate so many tomatoes when I went to their house.  Home grown tomatoes are so, so good!  I thank God for the tomatoes and for someone who can grow them and will share with me!

6 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip and come home safe. Isn't it nice to have friends that share their gardens with you. My friend brought me a huge bag of Bing cherries the other day. I put some in the freezer and even made some jam. God bless you and keep you safe through your travels. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Connie, these generous friends are such a blessing! Thanks for the safety wishes. I made it here safely; so far, so good! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Like to know how many miles you have traveled the last few months - you are queen-of-the-road! You aren't going to believe- I was going thru old pictures yesterday and found a picture of the trees you had cut down when they were just planted and shorter than you! There were no people in the picture and I have no idea why it was taken. Of course the parsonage wasn't there, just the lot and field across the road. Have a safe trip. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time. I know you love Branson. Enjoy. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep; love it here. I just don't usually do it when there are crowds of people, but we'll see. I'm hoping Trish and the little kids might be able to join me for 3 nights. We'll see. I can always dream.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doris, I've put a couple more thousand miles on my car; maybe more. I'll have to check for sure. I know I've logged lots of smiles, so it was worth the miles. Just so sorry I missed you and Jerry when you were up our way.

    I'd LOVE to see that picture of those trees! Please save it for me!

    Love and miss you all!

    Imogene's celebration of life today was wonderful. Davy and Jeff ran the show and they did an awesome job. I was so proud.

    ReplyDelete