Thursday, May 8, 2014

All is Good!

I'm sorry that I can't post pix; you all will just have to use your imaginations.  I checked out of the hotel this morning and will spend the rest of my time here at Joe's house.  He doesn't have WIFI so that I can't use my computed that has pix on it, but I can use his computer and keep you informed


Gretta is doing absolutely great!  She is quite the trooper and she is braced for all she is facing.  Of course there will be surprises, but she'll handle them well.  For example, she was talking today about losing her hair and she wants to cut it off before she starts losing it so that she can donate it.  She thinks she will wear hats, but maybe get a wig in case she wants to go somewhere and look normal.  I'll have to remind her that not only the hairdo goes, but so do the eyelashes and eyebrows.  The good thing is so does all the leg and arm hairs, too, so that's a nice blessing.  Anyway, she'll deal with the surprises well.  She's amazing!


Joe had a bite of some sort under his arm on his side and it was making a huge red spot.  Yesterday he went to Urgent Care and they gave him an antibiotic to take and told him if it wasn't better today to go to the ER.  It wasn't better and he was running a fever of 101 and having dry heaves.  At the ER they lanced it, drained it, packed it with gauze and gave him a new antibiotic.  He felt much better after a couple of hours, so I think we've got him mending, too.  He has to go Monday to have it drained and cleaned, again.


I took Elena to her soccer practice today and we got lost, but I finally got her there.  It's so fun to watch her play because she's really good and she loves it so much.


I am doing fine.  My feet and hands continue to improve.  The dermatitis is about the same, but I forgot to rub down in hydrocortisone this morning and I've survived with out it, so  it must be better, too.  I've talked to the specialty pharmacy in Orlando who sends me my chemo and there is some kind of snag there.  They told me to have my doctor call them and when I called they said they just went over it with them 45 minutes ago.  I called the pharmacy back and told them that, and they said they had no record of such a call.  I told them I didn't like being in the middle and I felt like they should work out the wrinkles and not involve me.  Just get me the chemo so I can resume it next Tuesday.  So, there are little issues like that, but we work through them.  Lee is holding the fort at home and will probably come here next Monday if not sooner.  I thank God for His control in our lives!  We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment