Monday, May 12, 2014

Awesome Pathology Report for Gretta!

I forget what day this pic was made.  I'm about frazzled.  Today was awesome news day, though!  The pathology report came back and the cancer was not in the lymph nodes or the lining of her stomach or the lining of her abdomen.  It was only in the lower part of her abdomen, none above her waist.  So her stage is 2b.  She will have 6 rounds of chemo, that is one treatment every 3 weeks.  She can actually do that in 5 months if she doesn't have to delay any while her body builds up from the onslaught of the chemo.  The docs are very optimistic about her recovery because of her youth, her strength and health, and the fact that this had not spread past her lower abdomen.  Praise God!!!  We were all so very thrilled!  Today she was eating cream soups and tomorrow she's going to real food.  She will probably get to come home tomorrow!  We are all dancing the happy dance!

I talked to my docs and I am to resume my chemo this week at the same dosage I had last time.  I have an appointment in Lawton this Friday for a procedure to check for cells in my spinal fluid.  We will do our best to make that appointment and get back to normal at home.  There won't be any more days for me to sub, so I'm through working for this school year.  I can just bum around the house and do my best to tolerate the chemo and put this cancer back into it's place.  I will make every effort to do that.  I didn't have any problems with side effects last time until day 7, so I think I'll be okay until I get home. Maybe my body will say, "Oh, that again," and just put up with the chemo better this time.  I'm hoping for that.  I made it until day 13 the last time, so maybe I can make it just one more day this time.  I'll do the best and can and with God as my partner, we'll get this done one way or another.  He sure brought us through this crisis with Gretta.

Lee got in last night around 8, having driven all the way without stopping to sleep.  What a dear he is and I thank God for keeping him safe!

I'm really exhausted, so I'm closing this out with a huge thanks to all of your for your love and prayers and praise, praise, praises to God for getting us through this so well!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Dance in WV too! We serve an awesome God and we are truly blessed with His grace. Go, Gretta, Go!!!! No more pole dances just happy ones!

    Love ya, Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dancing with us, Donna! This has been a stressful time, but we get through it with flying colors thanks to God! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete