Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 14: DONE! PTL!


Look!  I found this guy at the cemetery and he was ALIVE!  So, I brought him home with me.  He's a keeper!  Seriously, Lee was getting the flowers ready to put on the grave of his mom and dad and brother. I'm serious about keeping him, too!

Today we went to Lawton and I got a zometa treatment; that's what I have every 28 days to strengthen my bones.  We ate a late lunch at the Olive Garden and it was delicious and a fun day.  Tonight we're going to watch the Thunder beat the Spurs, so they can even out the series.  Thunder up!  That's what we say in OK!

This is day 14 of this cycle of chemo.  I've MADE it!  My hands and feet are so ready for the 7 day break and it will start tomorrow!!  Woo hoo!  I'm so grateful that it hasn't been as bad this cycle as it was the last cycle!  I had no side effects except for the hand and foot syndrome.  I'm hoping my body is toughening up and will tolerate this chemo better and better.  God is good and He'll get me through this.  It doesn't have to be easy; it just has to work.  Easy sure helps, but I'm willing to be tough.

I'm headed to my bath so I can watch every minute of the game and then fall into bed!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment