Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New Times!


This was the bridge I crossed every day to get from the parking garage to where Gretta was.  I couldn't believe it the first time when I spotted this robot!  I asked what it is for and they told me it takes information from one building to another in the hospital.  I thought it was so cool and called it R2D2, but Lee said it probably put 5 people out of work.  I'd say it's part of the new times!

We left Gretta this morning.  I made her some potato soup this morning, so she's got that to get her through a day or two.  Bless her heart, she's in quite a bit of pain because she won't take anything stronger than Ibuprofen.  She wants her head to be clear to drive if she needs to.  Yes, she's hard headed like that; a chip off the old block!  She'll be fine, though.  She's a survivor for sure.  I thank God for her wonderful pathology report.  This time next year, this will all be a thing of the past and we'll all be talking about 'remember when' regarding anything about her cancer.  I guess she and I are carrying some pretty cancer ridden genes, so my granddaughters sure need to be very self aware!  My mother and her mother had breast cancer, as I do.  Gretta's grandmother on her dad's side had colon cancer and she has this ovarian/fallopian tube cancer.  It's enough to make a person stop and think!  God has a plan, though, and we thank Him for being in control!

Lee and I made it to Rolla, MO today.  We've stopped for the night in a motel, had supper and are ready to go to bed early so we can get up and leave early in the morning.  I resumed my chemo pills today.  So far, so good.  I'm so praying that I can tolerate the whole round this time!  I won't be subbing, so I can lay in bed if I have to do that.

It's 44 degrees and raining here!  We're freezing!  It's 66 and sunny in Hobart; I'm so ready to be home! We'll be there tomorrow if all goes well.  Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment