Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Kids Are Special!


This is the poster/card that Elena came marching into Mommy's room the first day she visited Gretta at the hospital.  She'd had all the kids in her class sign it for Gretta.  It was certainly a precious time.  Elena was so proud of it!

I'm so sorry about yesterday's post.  It's just the best I could do from laying flat on my back in the hospital. They had me lay there until 10:15 and then I had to quickly dress, be wheel chaired down to the truck and then lay flat in the back seat all the way home.  Then I was supposed to go straight to bed and lay flat until morning.  I guess it worked fine because I feel fine this morning.  (I felt fine through the whole procedure, too.)  They had not prepared us for this at all or I would have done the blog earlier in the day. In fact they had told us it would take just a few minutes and then we could go out to eat afterwards.  That was really an impossibility.  We checked in at the hospital at 6 and the doctor showed up at 8.  He finished the tap at 8:15. I had to lay there for 2 hours and then lay down until morning to the very best of my ability.  It was a good lesson for me to learn how to post from my phone, so if I can't get to the computer sometime, I can always post from my phone.  Necessity is the mother of invention!

The spinal tap went simply.  Laying flat was the worst!  I should have the results of this tap by Friday.  I have a follow up appointment with my oncologist, who ordered the spinal tap, on that day, too;  I sure hope they don't find cancer cells in the spinal fluid!  They wanted to check the spinal fluid since the MRI to the brain revealed a lesion on one of the protective linings of the brain.    This was just a precaution to hope to stay ahead of the disease.

Today I'm thanking God that the procedure went well yesterday and for Elena's sweet class of kids who all Love Gretta so much.  She helps in the lunchroom a lot, and she eats with Elena real often, so the kids have the opportunity to know and love her.  She was supposed to go to work for the first day today; sure pray that she has a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment