Thursday, May 15, 2014

Home, Sweet Home!

We're home!  It's so good to be home.  My irises are done until the rebloomers bloom, again, but the larkspur are in full bloom.  I put the camera on the bridge in the back yard and got this pic.  See those skinny poles to my left?  Those are on one of the crepe myrtles.  They are all showing foliage, so they will be beautiful this year, too.  That one pink larkspur right  in the very front, just a little to the right of the center will be pulled up tomorrow.  There are about 5 other pink ones back behind me and I'll pull those, too.  They reseed themselves, so I don't want them to go to seed; I don't like the pink ones because I think they look anemic.  I love the white ones (those are behind me, too) and the hummingbirds love the purple ones.  This is a really good crop.

It's so good to be home.  I've got to get unpacked and get a bath and dinner.  The Thunder/Clippers game 6 is tonight at 9:30.  We can sleep late, so we'll stay up and watch the game.  My appointment is in Lawton tomorrow at 2.  I'm going to have what they call a lumbar punch.  That's where they go into my back with a needle and draw out some spinal fluid.  They want to test it to be sure there are no cells in my spinal fluid.  If there is none, that's a great thing.  If there is some, then they will do some radiation treatments.  I have some issues with my hands trembling, so that's why they are checking.  I think the trembling of my hands is because I'm always so cold and also from fatigue.  I hope I'm right.  Whatever the case, we are on top of it and doing all we can do.  I thank God for good docs who keep an eye on me and Gretta!  I resumed my chemo pills again yesterday, so this is day 2.  So far, so good; no problems with side effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment