Tuesday, May 6, 2014

We Get to See Gretta!

We get to see Gretta!  Her surgery went well today, but it took longer than they expected.  They'll have to do pathology on all they removed, so we won't know much more until next week probably.  It was all I could do to wait for someone to call me and tell me the surgery was over and she was okay.  When the call finally came, she had been in surgery for 4 hours and would have to be in recovery for at least 2 more.  I knew then I had to go there.  I've been working all evening to get a flight scheduled.  I've got a one way ticket and my wonderful husband will come and get me.  I just know I need to be there with her and help with Elena while she is in the hospital for the next 4 or 5 days.

I will do my best to post to the blog everyday, but if I miss a day, please cut me some slack to spend every moment I can with Gretta and Elena.  I've talked with my doc's nurse and they decided to keep me on my break from the chemo for another 7 days.  I will then resume the chemo at a reduced rate.  I didn't start feeling side effects for 7 days the last time, so I'm hoping I'll be in pretty good shape for the next 2 weeks and then I should be headed for home. Hopefully, taking the lower dose will be more tolerable to my body and I won't have issues at all.  Everyone is working with me to make this trip possible and I thank God for that.  We know that God has a plan and Gretta and I are pleased to be a part of it and give Him all the glory.

Thank you all for your love and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment