Friday, May 16, 2014

More Cut Flowers From the Yard.

I think the pink larkspur look anemic out there with the purple ones, so I always cut or pull them up before the go to seed.  So, I put them in this arrangement of odds and ends I got from the yard.  There was one last iris bloom and a couple more buds.  We'll see if they'll bloom.  I cut off suckers from the crepe myrtles and stuck them in there, too.  They look pretty good, so I'll use them for filler when I have them, again.  The bright yellow is yarrow which is blooming beautifully with the larkspur.  The larkspur isn't really great to cut and bring in because those little tiny petals fall and make a mess, but it won't hurt to bring them in this one time.

We slept late this morning and then went to Lawton for what I thought was to be my spinal tap.  It was just an appointment to let the neurosurgeon examine me.  We scheduled the spinal tap for this coming Monday at 6 p.m.  He sees patients in his office all day and then will meet me at the hospital for the spinal tap.  He said they will have some results the next day, but they'll do more tests that take up to two weeks.  So, I'm just doing what they tell me to do, now.

When we got home from Lawton I cut off all the dead iris stalks.  The greens are still out there and I'll leave them until they start looking ragged.  They store up energy for next year, so I'll leave those greens as long as I can.  My magnolia tree is just full of buds.  They should be blooming very soon.  I'll LOVE that!

I thank God for the flowers that I enjoy so much.  Tomorrow I plan to get out in the flower beds and hoe weeds; those rascals would sure like to take over, but I'll not have it!  I thank God for the ability to work in the yard, too.  It's good for me and helps me to keep my head clear.  I love being out there with God's creations; it's a good time for us to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment