Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lee's Through with the Dentist, We Hope!

s
This is a pic I got of  us before church on Sunday.  Lee's smiling really big today because he has finished up all his dental work.

We came home and watched the Clippers slice up the Thunder, so our smiles are not so big when we think of that.  Hopefully, they can come back for the next game and make up for tonight's catastrophe!

Tomorrow is my 7th day of rest from this chemo.  I'll call the doc and explain to her how I'm doing and see if she wants me to start the next round.  I'm much better, but I still have all the side effects, just about half as bad as they were at the worst.  It will be interesting to see what I'm supposed to do and see how my body reacts if she wants me to resume the chemo.  This is all so interesting.  It's more interesting when the side effects aren't so bad.  My feet still hurt, but I can wear all my shoes.  The sores in my mouth are much better, but still very much there.  The rash is still there, but it responds well to hydrocortisone.  I'll report tomorrow. I thank God for the opportunity to fight this cancer and for all of you who are so supportive.

Gretta has not wanted her son to know this, so I haven't said anything.  She put it on facebook tonight, so I guess I can mention it here.  She has a huge mass in her abdomen which will be removed tomorrow at the University of Kentucky Cancer Center.  They are optimistic that it is NOT cancer due to her youth, but they aren't taking any chances.  Please join me in prayers for her.  She's a mighty, mighty woman, so she will face this well, but I sure pray that she will only have to recover from the surgery and not have to face cancer also. God bless Gretta and all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment