Friday, May 23, 2014

Yikes!



I was playing cards last night and forgot that I hadn't done the blog!  Ruthie just called to make sure I'm okay and I'm fine, just can't count.  See, Diana's mom and dad are here from New Orleans and they are staying at Bob and Di's 'new' little house.  Bob has been working to get this house in shape so that they could have a bedroom and bathroom working.  He made it!  They invited us and Dorothy over for a delicious spaghetti dinner and Hand and Foot Canasta!  Bob is taking this weekend off since his construction site is occupied, so he asked me to hold down the Facebook front for him.  So I took the above pix and came home and put them onto Facebook.  That felt to me like I'd done the blog, so when Lee asked if I'd done my blog, yet, I said, "Yes!"  I didn't realize until Ruthie called today that I really never did the blog!  Every night I do the blog and my journal with MD Anderson.  Last night I did Facebook and my journal and it felt like I'd done my thing!  I am so sorry if I made anyone worry besides Ruthie.  I'm doing just fine!  Obviously I'm challenged when it comes to counting (I did two things and a third thing would be out of the question!)

The top pic has Dorothy talking to Diana's sister-in-law, who has also moved to Hobart!  Where they are standing you can see behind them the little hallway; on both ends of the hallway is a guest bedroom and a bathroom is right in the middle of the hall.  There will be a bar just this side of Dorothy and Carol that will separate the kitchen from the living room.  That's Diana sitting at the end of the table in the dining nook.  In the third pic, you'll see Di, still sitting at the end of the table.  Lee is standing in what will be the kitchen talking to Di's brother, Dan.  In the middle pic, is a rare site of Bob and Di, both seated.  Usually they are both working.  To the right of the picture you can see the laundry room and back door.  Di's mom was laying down in the master bedroom, so the door was closed, but there is a spacious master bedroom, bathroom and office nook for Diana back there.  It's going to be such a cute little house!  I am almost as excited about it as Diana is.

Again, I so apologize if I left  you worried about me last night.  This is my 10th day on this second round of this chemo and I'm doing very well with it this time.  My feet and hands are peeling, but I can stand to have them in water and I can wear any shoes.  I really believe I'll be able to take the whole cycle this time.  I saw the oncologist today and she's very pleased with my progress.

Besides all that, we got much needed rain in Hobart, today!  PTL!


2 comments:

  1. I checked numerous times for your post last night too. You have us spoiled! Glad all is well. Love you! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, I'm so sorry! Thanks for being a wonderful supporter! I don't aim to let a day go by without a post, so it was a big blunder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete