Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers' Day!

We got this pic yesterday before the liquid diet got there.  Today Gretta called before I left the house and asked me to bring her curlers.  She had washed her hair again and she wanted to curl it.  You know she's feeling better when she wants curlers!

Today she graduated to mush from liquid diet.  So far that only means she has some cloudy stuff, like tomato soup, apple sauce and chocolate pudding.  She's happy to have it all, though.  She's really doing great.  I'm so proud of her great attitude!   She's trusting God and that's all that really matters.

Elena and I are going to leave in a little bit so that Gretta can get some rest (they get her up around 5 this morning) so she's ready for a nap.  Elena needs to spend some time running off some energy because a couple of days up here in the hospital is pretty tough on a 7 year old.  She's done great, but she needs to run and play.  I'm going to catch the Thunder/Clippers game if I can and maybe get a nap!

Lee is on his way; I just talked to him and he's 100 miles from St. Louis.  We're all looking forward to seeing him, and I'm sure he'll be glad to get here and get off the road!  Bless his heart; he's a dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment