Saturday, May 17, 2014

She Wraps Everyone Around Her Little Finger.


Elena is magic.  She automatically wraps everyone around her little finger.  She loves Lee and he love her. We took her to Applebee's to eat and she didn't even offer to sit with me.  She jumped right in and moved over for Lee to sit down.  She must like his beard, because when they're talking every now and then she'll reach up and stroke it.  She's about to do that in this pic.  I don't think she consciously does it, it just happens.  She's always been really into textures and that beard is a whole new dimension for her.  We sure miss her!  We miss being there with Gretta and Joe, too.  I'm so grateful for the time that I got to go and be with them and glad that Lee came to join us, too.  More precious memories for us.

Today I worked in the flower beds and got them all weeded before they took over.  It sure feels good to be ahead of the weeds.  I've got magnolia blooms galore, too.  Tomorrow I'll have one open that I can reach and bring it inside.  I thank God for a perfect day for working in the yard and for the ability to do it.

This was day 4 of this round of chemo and I'm doing okay.  Yay!  My right thumb is really sore and my hands and feet are peeling, but they aren't hurting.  So far, so good.  I'm grateful for each day that I can take the chemo and take swings at this cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment