Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gretta Continues to Heal; Lee Scares Us.


I talked to Gretta tonight and she continues to heal.  Real life is tough, but she's getting better and better.  As she approaches the reality of chemo she is apprehensive about being sick, losing her hair, etc.  This is all typical and she will face it well, but she has to go through this stage of wondering.  These pix are some I got of her with Elena in the hospital.  Elena will keep her bouncing.  She is sunshine in everyone's life who she touches!  She is a gift from God in so many ways and we give thanks for her!

This morning Lee gave us quite a scare at church.  He had a diabetic 'spell.'  I always carry glucose tabs in my purse for him, but I took them out when I was going to Kentucky and I didn't think to replace them.  So, I dug in my purse for something that might give him a lift; nothing.  He kept thinking it would pass and he'd be okay, but it didn't pass.  I wrote him a note that if he could make it to the truck I could drive us home and he took me up on it.  So, here we are way down front so that Dorothy can see, so we had to walk out the whole distance of the auditorium.  Bill (the preacher) could see that Lee was white as a ghost and barely staggering, so he paused the sermon and had a prayer for Lee.  Lonnie Olson followed us and helped Lee get out to the truck and into it.  Then he and Dee Max Corbin followed  us home to be sure we got him into the house okay.  He got inside and I immediately gave him a bowl of fruit.  Our dinner was ready, so he ate dinner and then slept in his recliner all afternoon.  He was fine, but it was scary for a while.  I think I'll never be without glucose tabs, again!  I had some in the truck, but I was so rattled I forgot about them!  We were about half way home when I remembered those and gave him a couple.  If I had thought of those in the beginning I could have gotten him some and I think he would have been fine.  Of course there are lots of people in church who are diabetic and they carry hard candy, etc.  I should have just raised my hand and asked Bill to ask if anyone had such a thing.  I mean we caused a disturbance, anyway, so maybe that would have been better?  Anyway, we made it fine; just shook up everyone for a while.  Thank goodness is was not more serious.  Lee was afraid he was having a stroke (his older brother had several strokes and finally had one that killed him).  I just need to never let a diabetic spell go that far, again!  It was a precious experience in that it was so nice to see so many people care so deeply.  I thank God for a wonderful church family!

Tomorrow I have the spinal tap at 6 p.m.  We'll be hurrying home as quickly as possible because the Thunder plays the Spurs in their first game in this series at 8 p.m.  I'll report as soon as possible.  I don't expect to have results very soon, but I will let you know that it's been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment