Tuesday, May 13, 2014

She's Home; She's Home!!!

This pic I got yesterday when Lisa came to the hospital and was playing Go Fish with Elena and Gretta.  Lisa is Gretta's long time really good friend.  She came bringing cards to play!  She lives in Louisville and Gretta has stayed with her so much when she was working in Louisville.  Lisa went with Gretta when she went to have her ultrasound prior to surgery, etc.  She came and spent the night in the hospital with Gretta the first night after surgery.  She kept me updated all along the way.  She's absolutely a blessing in our lives!  Actually, Gretta has so many wonderful friends.  It's been fun to be here and meet many who I've known by name, but not in person.  It's great to meet them.  What a blessing they've been to Gretta, too!

Today we got to bring Gretta home.  Holding her down is going to be another thing.  Bless her heart; she's a BEAST, all right!  Nothing slows her down.  Even a huge hysterectomy is no big deal to her. I'm hoping she will follow her body's lead and rest some at least when Elena is at school.  Her house is all packed up to move June 1 or thereabouts, so she's staying with Joe until then.  What an awesome friend (and ex husband) he is!  I expect she will go back to work next week.  The doctor encouraged her to do that because it will occupy her mind and keep her from worrying about herself.  Her job is one where she sits, so she should be okay to do that.  (She is a 911 dispatcher for the city of Frankfort, KY.)

Lee and I are leaving in the morning to head for home.  We won't drive straight through like he did coming.  We'll stop along the way.  I have an appointment in Lawton to make on Friday.  I resume my chemo in the morning.  I need to be working my way home so I'll be there if and when the side effects hit.  I'm praying that my body will say, "Oh, that; okay," and tolerate the chemo better this time.  We'll see.

Tonight the Thunder plays the Clippers, again.  Those rascals had better win this game!  They had the last game won and let it slip through their fingers in the last couple of minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment