Saturday, August 4, 2007

59 today!



Today we celebrated Doris’ birthday and mine. Mine was today and hers is next Saturday, but she will be gone to Colorado, so we celebrated both tonight over at Brett and Heather’s house. It was a sweet celebration. Stephanie and Colter joined us; Gregg left for a week of work in Scotland today, so we missed him. Pictures on the blog tonight are Doris and Heather with the boys. It’s going to be so much fun for these guys to grow up together!

I am really tired today because for some reason I didn’t sleep last night from 12:30 – 6:30. I’ve never had that problem. I slept from 10 until 12:30 and then from 6:30 to 9:30, and I rested when I was awake, so it wasn’t so bad, but I’m zonked tonight! I feel fine. My hair is still coming out by the fistful and my scalp is really sore. If the soreness is any indication of how fast the hair will go, it’ll be gone soon. I think I’ll have bald spots by Monday. Whenever I can’t cover my head, I’ll buzz it off. It’s getting to be a real hassle to take a bath because I can’t get the hairs rinsed off me and I don’t want to stop up the plumbing, either. I’m ready to be done with it.

Tomorrow I’ll give you pictures that Trish sent last night, but these pictures tonight are the birthday celebration pictures. Heather and Brett’s son, Luke, is on her right knee. Colter is on her other knee. In the picture where Doris is holding them (in their matching onesies that say Born in 2007) Colter is on her right knee and Luke is on her left knee. How much fun we’ve had with these little guys! God is so good to put into our lives the folks we need when we need them; even down to little guys! Counting, counting!

That reminds me; Don says I’ve got God working overtime keeping up with the hair on my head these days. He keeps me laughing! God keeps me counting and giving Him praise.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope it was a good one. You got to sleep all day - that's good!

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was great, and I slept like my usual brick last night, too. 59 is not so bad at all!

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo! Happy birthday!! 59 does not hurt at all, but it is hard to believe we are closing in on 60! How fast the time went, but I'm thankful to be 59. We hope you had a really happy day! Say Hi to Don, Love and hugs, Linda and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda and Tom, no kidding the time has flown! We remember when we were 16 together and it sure seems like last week. Wow! Thanks for your continued love, prayers, and support. Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete