Saturday, August 11, 2007

graying to very gray and curly; the hair saga



Very little happened today. We got up and went to the fellowship breakfast at church, so that was a great way to start the day. We picked up the mail (what a BUNCH of mail that will take days to read, but we’re in no hurry). Then I went back to bed and got a good nap. I got up and washed the veggies from our grocery shopping, so we’re ready to eat around here. I changed our sheets and did a load of laundry and got it done in time to make it to play cards tonight. We feel like we’re really home, now!

I don’t have any new pictures so I’m dragging up old pictures to let you see the difference in my hair. The pictures today were taken on May 13th and August 10th. I’m amazed at the difference in my hair in that 3-month period of time. In the May 13th picture you can see lots of dark hair, still and very little curl. I guess that was before the hair I lost in Hawaii had come back in. In the August 10th picture you can see that all the dark has fallen out and all that is left is the curly gray that came back after I lost that bunch in Hawaii. Anyway, it’s nearly all gone, now. I’ll have Don take more pictures tomorrow; then we’ll take more when Ruthie gets here. She and Phil are coming on Tuesday, so I’m not doing any major brushing or washing until they get here. I want them to have some of the fun of watching the great falling out. I’m so excited that they are coming!!! More blessings to count!!! Count with me and join me in giving thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Now wasn't that a pretty picture of you to find when I checked your blog tonight?!! You said Judy suggested some pink lipstick, and I think it's a beautiful choice! I think our e-mails crossed; hopefully you are still up to know we are almost on the way! Can't wait to see you...whether or not you have any hair left! (I've got my skillet packed in case I don't get to pull your hair!!) JUST KIDDING!! I know your friends are all wondering what in the world that is about!!

    I love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You made me laugh out loud! I got your email, so I'm thrilled that you're almost on your way! Ye Haw!

    I'm getting used to the lipstick. Judy is definitely right; I need color, but it's a whole new trip for me. You can help me with that, too!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete