Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday is rest day.




Today I attempted to get a better handle on resting. I never managed to get a nap yesterday and it whipped me. So, I got up early this morning and did a little cleaning and then after breakfast went back to bed. Then I got up before lunch and cleaned some fruit and veggies before lunch. After lunch I did some hand sewing (still working on hats) and did some research on the computer. We had supper early. I’m going to do some jiggling and go to bed early. Tomorrow we’re going to OKC. I want to take a rocker to Trish and I want to see the kids while my numbers are good (I hope!). We go to Lawton on Thursday, so tomorrow is the best day to go to OKC so we can rest on Wednesday. Resting is something I have a hard time doing. My style is more to go until I crash. I think that’s not a good plan while I’m in recover mode, so I’ve got to make a concentrated effort at it.

The pictures on the blog today are:

1) Elena; those eyes capture me!
2) The hat of the day taken beside Gabe’s OK state fair winning painting of irises; he won that ribbon at the fair several years ago and gave it to me for Christmas. Ruthie was so impressed with it when they were here; she insisted that I should feature it on the blog. I’m so proud of it, so I’m happy to feature it here. Don informed me that the hat today was the wrong color. It's okay; it kept me warm and it really did match some turquoise flowers that are on the pockets of the outfit; he confronted me about color??? People ask how is he doing; he's doing just fine. He's turning into a photographer and a color pro!
3) Diana Clark and Floyd Johnston watching between games Saturday night, as we took pictures of the cake and party animals.
4) David Rule watching as we take pictures on Saturday night. You can tell by the smiles that we were all having a ball. We always do!


We’re getting up early in the morning to watch the eclipse of the moon, but we’ll go back to bed before we get up and go to OKC, I think. Anyway, we’ll be counting blessings as we start the day. What a cool thing . . . unless I sleep through it and that’s a cool thing, too! It’s all worthy of thanks. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Try to get your rest! I have to have it or I go into a tail spin literally. My son, "Gene", comes home from OKC on September 14, 2007 for two months until he has to return. Mary Jo, have you ever heard of a Leo's BBQ stop (it's an old gas station turned into a BBQ site years ago)in OKC?

    Gene (64)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know of Leo's BBQ stop. OKC is a pretty small city considering it's the capitol, but it's big enough that I've missed that spot.

    We live a couple of hours away from OKC. We'd be glad to be Gene's home away from home if he needs a get away when he's in OKC. How wonderful that he gets to come home for 2 months!

    Rest; it's my challenge. It's so out of my style to stop for it. My usual mode of operation is to go until I crash at night; I know no limits. Then I sleep like a brick. It always seemed to work, but probably it was dumb. I'm having to learn the concept of rest, now. I'm working on it.

    Take care; love you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete