Sunday, August 19, 2007

All good things must come to an end . . .




Today has been bittersweet. It’s a great day except it’s the last day that Ruthie and Phil will be here. Ugh. I hate that they will leave tomorrow. I understand that life goes on and we can’t play forever, but it’s hard to give up the fun it’s been.

I went to church with no hat. I think I’m getting used to looking like this. Ha! I’ve been out on the deck and combed through my hair twice and lost lots out there, but there is still some on my head. Maybe tomorrow will be the last day. We’ll see. I nearly froze in bed last night; I think it’s because my head is cold. They gave me a sleep hat at MD Anderson because they said my head would get cold and I’d lose body heat through my head. If I wear the hat, I know it will pull out more hair. That’s okay; I think I’m so ready for it to be gone. I didn’t like freezing. Here I thought all these bald guys were having it easy; little did I know they have to be TOUGH to wear no hair! I’m learning!

“Don’s Tours” took Ruthie and Phil to the square to see the Kiowa County mosaic and the carving of chief Lone Wolf today. Those are the pictures on the blog. It was a great day. We still only have one little puddle in the basement, so we feel blessed to not be hit as hard as much of the state has been hit. God is taking care of us. I pray that He will take care of those who have been hit so hard.

Today is our brother, Jim’s 67th birthday, so we enjoyed calling him to help him celebrate. He and Phil and Don are the same age, now; he’s the youngest of the three of them, and he’s caught up with the ‘old guys,’ now. We have all shared lots of good memories from over the years during this last week that Ruthie and Phil have been here. Good times and lots of blessings to count; it’s been a great week and we give thanks!


4 comments:

  1. Morning Jo! I had to laugh out loud when I read today that "Don's Tours" was at it again!! That line was too cute and what fun to catch Don in his element! Don't worry about your hair. You don't need it when you look like you! I just hope your head stops being sore. Love you so, Linda Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you made that line come to life and originated it in Hawaii. Our memories of those fun days are tremendous and you've been such an inspiration to me. Thanks big heaps! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sissy....I hope you're enjoying your day with Ruthie and Phil, even though it's the last one for a while. I'm glad the water has decided to receed for you. The Lord takes care of everything. You be sure to wear your hat tonight so your head doesn't get so cold. I have you in my thoughts and prayers all day, my beloved friend. I love you. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sis! It was cooler last night, so Don didn't have the ceiling fan on and I did fine without a hat. I washed my hair this morning, though, and lots more came out. I tried to rub out all the rest, but there is still a bunch there and Don thinks I should let it come out naturally . . . what's natural about chemo? Anyway, I got to rub my head good, so I was happy. I'm wearing a hat, now, though. It's just too little hair to go without a hat. I'm content.

    God is so awesome. It's amazing how many hats I have around here and I'm not a hat person. I guess I knew I'd need them? Ruthie brought me one, too. I guess I'll be doing a hat show on the blog, soon.

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete