Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hats may be the choice; I'm working on them.



You know how when you shop and shop and think about buying a new car? Then you finally make the plunge and buy the car and a whole new set of needs appear. Like you have to have a tag, then insurance, but besides that you have to have a deal that fits over the visor to keep all the junk you need handy, and something to keep all the other stuff handy, even if it’s just tissues. There seems to always be something more even after you thought you had what you really wanted or needed. That’s how it is with going bald. I thought if I could just get rid of that shedding hair, then I’d be happy. Not. Now, I’m freezing and have to have hats.

I saw lots of people with hats and turbans underneath the hats. I thought they were trying to cover up the bald, which I thought was silly. So, I have plenty of hats, but the part of me that isn’t covered by the hat gets cold. I must be such a wimp. Now, don’t be sending hats and turbans, though. I’ve been in the basement all day working on hats that cover my head. Don wants me to put on all the hats (one at a time) and take pictures for the blog. I’m sure we’ll do pictures along the way. We took one today and it looks pretty goofy. I think goofy may be the mode where I’ll be operating for the next few months. Anyway, this was the hat I was wearing around the house today. It’s itchy; that’s another reason people wear turbans and scarves under the hats, I’ve discovered. Live and learn. God is so good to teach us whatever it is that we need to know. Remember, I'm just around the house; forgot the ear rings, necklace and lipstick. I've got to remember that stuff before God has to teach me another lesson!!!

I’ve got to tell you the thing that’s made me smile all day. I talked to Gabe yesterday right after I’d buzzed off my hair and he said to send pictures, so I sent them more pictures than were on the blog. When Trish showed the pictures to Mason, she said, ‘Grammy looks like a baby grammy, doesn’t she?’ Mason said, ‘Yeah, a wrinkled one.’ Kids are the best; you’ve just got to love them, and thank God for them!!! So, I’m enjoying being a ‘baby grammy, even if I am a wrinkled one.’

The other picture on the blog today is the last of my hair. The pile on the right is what I combed out the day before I buzzed it. The pile on the left is what I buzzed and the last of my hair. Those green patches are weeds that I’m going to Round Up if the wind will ever let me. I’m still thanking God for the clippers and the fun it was using them on myself. Today I’m thanking Him for a dry basement where I can sew and for a daughter and a grandson with fun senses of humor. I’m thanking Him for all 5 kids and all 15 grandkids, too. They are all awesome and make me smile everyday. God is great!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sissy....I see nothing wrong with you going without a hat or a scarf. I think you look adorable. You ARE adorable. I love you...Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sweetie! I'm having so much fun with this bald head. It's cold, so I'll probably wear a hat for the most part; that way I can snatch it off when I get a hot flash. It works lots better than scarves and wigs. We'll see, but it's fun so far! Thanks for loving me unconditionally! I love you, too! Sissy

    ReplyDelete