Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Flexible; the name of the game. Balance the rule!


Flexible. That’s a key to making life work. Yesterday we were planning to go to Oklahoma City today and then decided not to when Trish and Rob decided to come here for this weekend. That’s great because it saved us making the trip today. I was so happy to sleep late this morning! We got up at 5:30 a.m. and looked at the eclipse and then went right back to bed. I slept until 8:20 and didn’t even know when Don got up to go walking or when he came home. I was so enjoying that sleep! Then I never took a nap today, but I never got that tired, so I think it’s okay if I go to bed early. Balance; hard to keep it!

We put the basement back in order today because the kids will want to play pool down there. We had all kinds of stuff piled on the pool table from when we had water down there and we didn’t want it to get wet. It only took a few minutes to do, but it was a project. I’d been sewing down there, but the rest was out of order. Also, the sewing machine I have been using wasn’t working right, so I went through two other machines hunting one that would work. I think those three must have bad belts. Maybe Trish can help me figure out their problem. I finally found one that works, but it doesn’t zigzag; I need to zigzag, so I’ve got to fix one of those machines. That’s another project.

The one machine that works helped me finish a hat that I’ve worked on for the last week. I’m done with it, now. It was just a wrestling match to get it to fit. It’s pictured on the blog today. There is nothing great about it, but it keeps my head warm around the house. The other hat today was the hat I wore out to eat breakfast.

I pulled together my calendar of all the treatments I’ve had today. The insurance papers are coming in the mail and I need to be able to match it all to be sure we aren’t charged for a treatment we don’t get. I thank God that we have insurance and that the treatment is available. I thank Him, too, for friends and family to help us get through all this. Judy and Aki and Doris and Jerry make it so much better to be in Houston instead of just being in a huge city full of strangers! I thank God that we can do many of the treatments in Lawton, too. It’s a blessing to be able to be at home for a lot of this. I continue to thank God that I’m doing so well with these treatments. I have no complaints and I am so grateful! I'm looking forward to this weekend when the house will fill with Oglesby kids! I'll be so counting the blessings!

6 comments:

  1. There is so much to say and a small space to say it in so I will sum it up and say,'You are so talented. Your hats are just beautiful and so are you! Now I know you are really looking forward to your 'Children coming this weekend. We are expecting our Daughter, Janie, Friday for a few days. When I turned on Yesterday, I believe it was and first thing I saw was those BEAUTIFUL BLUE EYES. Elena is just a perfect Doll. We have 3 Great Granddaughters and all have blue eyes but not so blue as Elena. My Mom had such pretty blue eyes and her Mother did too. Mammy Tatum We called her. Take care and have all the fun you can.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dot is right, you are so cleaver with your hats. You look so cute. You are going to have so much fun with all the children this weekend. I love you Sissy
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dot, thank you so much for your encouraging words! Those Elena eyes mesmerize me! Her daddy has those awesome eyes and they have always melted me, but she sure has them to the max.

    I'm so glad that Janie is coming for a few days. I know you look forward to and enjoy time with her so much. I'll be thinking of you as we enjoy Trish and the kids here. I can hardly wait for them!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, don't you just feel like you almost know Dot? She is such a sweetie; you would love her if you did know her, I know, and she would love you, too.

    The hats are fun. I'm afraid I'll never have this much fun with hair, so I'll have to have an attitude adjustment when the hair comes back. I'll miss the hats, but hats sure mess with hair, so likely their day will be over when the hair comes back.

    I'm so loving the bald head, but it's really cold, so the hats are a must. If I ever live to be really old, I'm going to be so smart, because I'm sure learning a lot! (Lots of it I never wanted to know, but God knows I need to know it!)

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always thought that Dot and Terri did know each other! I guess they kind of do from the blog! Thank you, Dot and mom, for the wonderful compliments on Elena's eyes. I kept looking at her today and it was like my life wasn't even real she is so perfect! God gave me a cake with Garrett and this baby sure is the icing! I'm really glad that you are feeling good. I must admit that I am jealous that Tricia gets to see you, and you get to see her! I miss you both! Hopefully I can come sometime soon so we can get pictures of the girls together and I can get hugs from my sister and my mom and dad....and nieces....and nephews, heck the brother-in-law might even throw one in! :)
    LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES TO THE KIDS FOR ME!! XOXOXOXOXOX

    Jilly

    P.S. Ask Grace about her dollar..if she still has it..spent it, what on, etc. I'm dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Jilly, we're sure going to miss you this weekend! We'll take lots of pictures, and I'll sure ask Grace about her dollar. She is such a hoot!

    I guess everyone gets acquainted on the blog. Maybe Aunt Ruthie will go take a picture of Dot and Frazier and send it to me and I can put them on the blog. Somewhere I've got a picture of Terri, so I'll introduce her! This is a fun idea; meeting people on the blog.

    I love all the support. Thanks so much for sending lots of pictures of Elena. You're so right about your cake and icing. You are richly blessed! Hug the cake and icing for me!

    Love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete