Friday, August 17, 2007

Rest day; fun day!

Today we slept in! It was great! Then we did laundry and took it easy all day. We played cards this afternoon and then put together a quick card game with a couple of couples at the last minute. Ruthie and Phil see why we play cards all the time, now; it was a blast, as always.

Many questions have come to me about my numbers being low and what can we do about that. I think all we can do is a transfusion when it gets low enough that they can’t do the chemo. My understanding is as long as I feel okay, we can keep on with the treatments. We’ll learn more as we go. It’s just that this is what happens with chemo. It kills the cancer, but it is also hard on me. I feel fine, so maybe the numbers look worse than it is. I’m learning as I go and I’ll report all I know on this blog. I have no secrets and I hope all who read will also learn in case you or someone you love ever has this to face. One out of every 8 women will face breast cancer, and, of course there are lots of other cancers out there. AVOID SUGAR; cancer loves it.

The pictures on the blog today are a couple of me holding Raynie when we went to visit the other day. The second one is her wearing a little outfit that Ruthie bought about 8 years ago when her daughter was pregnant and they thought she might have a girl. They are two boys later, so she gave up and gave it to Gretta for Elena. It’s a size 24 months, so I took it up so the girls could at least try it on this summer just for fun. So, we have pictures of Elena in it and now this one with Raynie in it. Some of us little girls never really get tired of playing dress up with our dollies. The other is of Grace; she loves to pose for pictures; what an entertainer she is!

We give thanks for our safe travels, our rest day, our play day, our healthy family and our own health and for all of you who read this. God is GREAT!






4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! You look soooo gooood in pink lipstick as a platinum blonde! Just like Marilyn Monroe:) And do I see earrings?!! Teasing you. Little Gracie is a doll. A positive attitude like yours decreases stress and makes everyone want to be around you. Keep up the good work, and Hi to Don's Tours! Linda R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the Update and Pictures. What a doll Raynie is in the little 8 year old dress. She looks just like a doll. Makes me think back about 35 years ago when Jane was expecting and we or I mostly wanted a girl so bad. I bought such a pretty, frilly pink dress, slip, panies and booties and lacy socks before she (he) was born. Jane kept the dress for 3 years until she had the baby girl!! I had told her to give it to someone. I gave up all hopes of a girl. How thrilled I was to see her dressed in it when they came home from the hospital! I have scrolled all the way back to Aug. 10th for Frazier to read and see pictures. Thank you for keeping us in touch. We miss our Friends but it helps with you keeping us updated. Keep smiling and laughing and have all the fun possible.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, you are such a doll! What a vision to see me as a platinum blonde, looking like Marilyn Monroe. What a positive imagination you have! YOU are great at decreasing my stress! Don's Tours and I miss you two, and love you!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, isn't it fun dressing those little girls!? We are having so much fun with Ruthie and Phil, and they've been really encouraging to me. I would have given up on this hair much earlier this week, but they keep encouraging me. It's been so much fun! Thanks for encouraging them to come to see us!

    Thanks so much for your continued love and prayers, too. We love you and keep you two in our prayers, too,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete